- The Polish immigrant
- This makes me sad
- A Car Crash
- Diary Entries Of A Young Woman On A Cruise Ship
- Bitten by a vampire
- Scratch a dog
- A Bank Robbery
- Essay on Youth and Age
- The blondes strike again
- Need a Push
- Personally, I blame the parents
- Silhouete Photograph
- Things we can learn from a dog
- A woman and a baby
- Sent From Heaven
- Giving when it counts
While you're in there ...
While on a road trip, an elderly couple stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch.
After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant and resumed their trip.
When leaving, the elderly woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table and she didn't miss them until they had been driving about twenty minutes.
By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before they could find a place to turn around -- in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses.
All the way back, the elderly husband became the classic grouchy old man.
He fussed and complained and scolded his wife relentlessly during the entire return drive.
The more he chided her -- the more agitated he became.
He just wouldn't let up one minute.
To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant. As the woman got out of the car and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her, "While you're in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card."
- aggravation - inconveniência
- all the way back - todo o caminho de volta
- chide - repreender
- drive (drive, drove, driven) - dirigir
- elderly couple - casal de idosos
- glasses - óculos
- grouchy - rabujento
- hat - chapéu
- hurry - pressa
- husband - marido
- leave (leave, left, left) - sair
- let up - parar, diminuir
- meal - refeição
- miss - sentir a falta
- relief - alívio
- resume - continuar
- retrieve - recuperar
- roadside restaurant - restaurante de beira de estrada
- road trip - viagem
- travel - viajar
- turn around - retornar
- unknowingly - sem saber
- until - até
- yell - gritar
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2011224.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen