- Good Time
- Four Worms and a lesson
- Missing the point
- Things Worth Having
- When I said I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed at me
- Real life Dilbert Quotes (4)
- The secret to a truly contented marriage - love it!!
- Too good to be true
- Ugly Suit
- The consultant
- Oh look! Your vehicle is in need of a service!
- Computer upgrade
- April Fool
The Hare and the Tortoise
A HARE one day ridiculed the short feet and slow pace of the Tortoise, who replied, laughing: "Though you be swift as the wind, I will beat you in a race. The Hare, believing her assertion to be simply impossible, assented to the proposal; and they agreed that the Fox should choose the course and fix the goal. On the day appointed for the race the two started together.
The Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course. The Hare, lying down by the wayside, fell fast asleep. At last waking up, and moving as fast as he could, he saw the Tortoise had reached the goal, and was comfortably dozing after her fatigue.
Slow but steady wins the race.
- hare - lebre
- slow pace - passo lento
- tortoise - tartaruga
- reply - resposta
- swift - ágil, veloz
- wind - vento
- beat (beat, beat, beaten) - vencer
- race - corrida
- assertion - afirmação
- assent - concordar
- proposal - proposta
- fox - raposa
- choose (choose, chose, chosen) - escolher
- course - curso, trajeto
- fix the goal - definir o objetivo, chegada
- together - juntos
- steady - firme, seguro
- straight - direto
- lie down - deitar
- wayside - beira da estrada
- asleep - adormecido
- wake up - acordar
- doze - cochilar
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2010360.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen