- Excuse me, I was looking at the water
- That didn't come out right
- Pin Wall art
- Life after death
- What can you do online?
- Terrible book
- Chemical formula for water
- Three Wishes
- What to look for
- Oh, give me a home...
- Cross eyed rottweiler
- A Companion
- The bees and the flowers
- Two and two
- Truisms (1)
- Good ideas Linus Pauling
- The Chuck Norris Facts - Part 5
A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked, "How heavy is this glass of water?" Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g. The lecturer replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it."
"If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
He continued, "And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden."
"So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can. Relax; pick them up later after you've rested. Life is short. Enjoy it!"
- lecturer - palestrante
- management - gerenciamento
- audience - platéia
- raise - levantar
- glass - copo
- water - água
- heavy - pesado, peso
- range - variar
- reply - responder
- weight - peso
- matter - importar
- hold (hold, held, held) - segurar
- how long - quanto tempo
- ache - dor
- arm - braço
- burden - carga
- sooner or later - mais cedo ou mais tarde
- put it down - baixar, colocar em algum lugar
- while - algum tempo
- carry on - continuar
- tonight - esta noite
- pick up - pegar
- tomorrow - amanhã
- rest - descansar
- short - curta
- enjoy - aproveite
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2010070.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- High speed photography, bubble
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- A preguiça é um merda
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Bruce Lee
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen