- The Sea
- Did Noah fish?
- The Mafia Don
- April fool Jesus
- Real life Dilbert Quotes (6)
- Three Blondes
- Water and wine
- Never Lie To A Woman!
- Arriving home very drunk
- College Professor
- 10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash!
- Women and Research
- Einstein, Picasso and George W. Bush
- The Half Cake Diet
- No more elephants
- Vulgar jokes
Living and Learning
I made it a rule to forbear all direct contradictions to the sentiments of others, and all positive assertion of my own. I even forbade myself the use of every word or expression in the language that imported a fixed opinion, such as "certainly", "undoubtedly", etc. I adopted instead of them "I conceive", "I apprehend", or "I imagine" a thing to be so or so; or "so it appears to me at present".
When another asserted something that I thought an error, I denied myself the pleasure of contradicting him abruptly, and of showing him immediately some absurdity in his proposition. In answering I began by observing that in certain cases or circumstances his opinion would be right, but in the present case there appeared or semed to me some difference, etc.
I soon found the advantage of this change in my manner; the conversations I engaged in went on more pleasantly. The modest way in which I proposed my opinions procured them a readier reception and less contradiction. I had less mortification when I was found to be in the wrong, and I more easily prevailed with others to give up their mistakes and join with me when I happened to be in the right.
- make (make, made, made) - fazer
- rule - regra
- assertion - afirmativa
- own - próprio
- forbid (forbid, forbade, forbidden) - proibir
- undoubtedly - sem dúvida alguma
- think (think, thought, thought) - pensar
- deny - negar
- begin (begin, began, begun) - começar
- soon - cedo, em breve
- find (find, found, found) - encontrar
- change - mudança
- engage - engajar
- less - menos
- prevail - prevalecer
- give up - desistir
- mistake - erro
- join - juntar, unir
- happen - acontecer
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2010110.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Bruce Lee
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen