- Mom, I just really need to focus on my art right now
- Wrong number
- The happiest of people
- And, he never overcharged!
- Um homem caminhava pela praia e tropeçou numa velha lâmpada.
- At the Hospital
- Top Ten Requirements in a Man
- The Toilet Seat
- The Lion and the Mouse
- Wait a minute!
- The Flies and the Honey-Pot
- Facebook Gems: Goodbye America, Hello New York
- Sense of humor
- Instead of saying: Someone's life was saved
- Cemetery plot
- A New Philosophy
- Cute nurses
- Bad Luck
I know this lawyers
A small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand in a trial-a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"
She responded, "Yes, I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy. And frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a rising big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Williams, do you know the defense attorney?"
She again replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he, too, has been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, bigoted, he has a drinking problem. The man can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the shoddiest in the entire state. Yes, I know him."
At this point, the judge rapped the courtroom to silence and called both counselors to the bench. In a very quiet voice, he said with menace, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, you'll be in jail within 3 minutes!"
- approach - aproximar
- behind their backs - pelas costas
- bigoted - bitolado
- brain - cérebro
- build (build, built, built) - construir
- cheat - enganar
- defense attorney - advogado de defesa
- drinking problem - problema com bebidas
- elderly - idosa
- grandmotherly - uma mulher tipo avó
- jail - prisão
- lawyer - advogado
- lazy - preguiçoso
- lie - mentir
- menace - ameaça
- prosecuting attorney - promotor
- realize - entender
- relationship - relacionamento
- reply - responder
- rising big shot - pessoa importante em ascensão
- shoddiest - de má qualidade, péssima
- since - desde
- small town - cidade pequena
- stunned - surpreso
- trial - julgamento
- wife - esposa
- witness - testemunha
- you never will amount - você nunca vai chegar a
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2011299.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen