- One dollar a piece
- About dogs (3)
- Blink if you want me
- What other people see....
- Doctor Terminology (2)
- You just realized all ducks are actually wearing dog masks
- Doctor terminology (I)
- Taking risks
- Bill Gates
- Change the world
- Tequila and Salt
- Social Media Explained
- Would you still love me?
- TV weatherman
- My doctor
Burial in Jerusalem
George went on a vacation to the Middle East with most of his family including his mother-in-law. During their vacation and while they were visiting Jerusalem. George's mother-in-law died. With the death certificate in hand, George went to the American Consulate Office to make arrangements to send the body back to the States for proper burial.
The Consul, after hearing of the death of the mother-in-law told George that the sending of a body back to the States for burial is very, very expensive. It could cost as much as $5,000.00. The Consul continues, in most cases the person responsible for the remains normally decides to bury the body here. This would only cost $150.00. George thinks for some time and answers,
"I don't care how much it will cost to send the body back; that's what I want to do."
The Consul, after hearing this, says:
"You must have loved your mother-in-law very much considering the difference in price."
"No, it's not that," says George. "You see, I know of a case many years ago of a person that was buried here in Jerusalem. On the third day he arose from the dead! I just can't take that chance!
- go (go, went, gone) - ir
- middle east - oriente médio
- mother-in-law - sogra
- vacation - férias
- die - morrer
- death certificate - certidão de óbito
- make arrangements - providenciar
- send (send, sent, sent) - enviar
- body - corpo
- burial - enterro
- hear (hear, heard, heard) - ouvir
- death - morte
- remains - restos mortais
- bury - enterrar
- think (think, thought, thought) - pensar
- care - importar
- arise (arise, arose, arisen) - levantar
- take the chance - arriscar
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2011090.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen