- The Ass, the Fox, and the Lion
- Men's Opinions
- The Stork
- Cross eyed rottweiler
- The nymphomaniac
- Stupid is as stupid does
- Smart People
- Personally, I blame the parents
- Homer Logic: Free gas!
- Hoje começo a fazer dieta
- Mediocrity Jean Giraudoux
- EFR: What's the meaning of this?
- One day a girl...
- The Big Sale
- Kids are the best
- How they should change
The Magician and the Parrot
So there's this magician working on a small cruise ship.
He's been doing his routines every night for a year or two now.
The audiences appreciate him, and they change over often enough that he doesn't have to worry too much about new tricks.
However, there's this parrot who sits in the back row and watches him night after night, year after year.
Finally, the parrot figures out how the tricks work and starts giving it away for the audience.
For example, when the magician makes a bouquet of flowers disappear, the parrot squawks "Behind his back! Behind his back!"
Well, the magician gets really annoyed at this, but he doesn't know what to do. The parrot belongs to the Captain, so he can't just kill it.
One day, the ship springs a leak and sinks.
The magician manages to swim to a plank of wood floating by and grabs on. The parrot is sitting on the other end of the plank.
The just stare at each other and drift.
They drift for 3 days and still don't speak.
On the morning of the fourth day, the parrot looks over at the magician and says: "OK, I give up. Where did you hide the ship?"
- annoyed - aborrecido
- back row - fileira de tras
- behind his back - atras das costas dele
- belong - pertence
- drift - vagar
- figure out - descobrir
- give away - denunciar, explicar o truque
- give up - desistir
- grab - agarrar
- hide - esconder
- leak - vazamento
- look over at - olhar para
- new tricks - novos truques
- parrot - papagaio
- plank of wood - painel de madeira
- sink - afundar
- stare - olhar fixamente
- swim - nadar
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2011010.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen