- Women and Research
- Reality Check: Never give up
- A Car Crash
- Management Lesson
- Communist Philosophy
- Pet dog
- German Birth Control
- Married Life - Famous Quotes
- Faithful forever?
- Recovering from surgery
- No more elephants
- It's a itsy bitsy spider
- Three Little Words
- Not your son
- Truth about Children
- Strange but Interesting Facts (2)
An eye witness account from New York
Some years ago: A little boy, about 10-years-old, was standing before a shoe store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering With cold.
A lady approached the young boy and said, "My, but you're in such deep thought staring in that window!"
"I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes,"was the boy's reply.
The lady took him by the hand, went into the store, and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her.
She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel.
By this time, the clerk had returned with the socks.. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes..
She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him.. She patted him on the head and said, "No doubt, you will be more comfortable now."
As she turned to go, the astonished kid caught her by the hand, and looking up into her face, with tears in his eyes, asked her. "Are you God's wife?"
- approach - aproximar
- astonished - atito
- back part - parte de trás
- barefooted - descalço
- basin - vasilha, bacia
- bring (bring, brought, brought) - trazer
- catch (catch, caught, caught) - pegar
- clerk - atendente da loja
- cold - frio
- deep thought - absorto em pensamentos, concentrado
- dry - secar
- foot (pl. feet) - pé
- give (give, gave, given) - dar
- glove - luva
- God - Deus
- go (go, went, gone) - ir
- half a dozen - meia dúzia
- hand - mão
- head - cabe
- kneel (kneel, knelt, knelt) - ajoelhar
- little fellow - homemzinho
- no doubt - sem dúvida
- pair of shoes - par de sapatos
- pat - acariciar
- peer - olhar, espiar
- purchase - comprar
- remaining - restante
- reply - resposta
- say (say, said, said) - dizer
- shiver - tremer (de frio)
- socks - meias
- stand (stand, stood, stood) - ficar de pé
- stare - olhar fixamente
- store - loja
- take (take, took, took) - pegar
- tear - lágrima
- through - através
- tie up - amarrar
- towel - toalha
- turn to go - se virar para ir embora
- window - janela
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2012013.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Bruce Lee
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen