- Truths (3)
- I'll do the next one
- The Elephant and the Naked Man
- The Invention of Language
- The Mafia and Einstein
- Free speech for all, even douche bags
- The blondes strike again
- Exercise for the over 45 Year Olds
- The blondes strike again
- EFR: Income Tax Department
- The Doctor and the Plumber
- The Magician and the Parrot
- Let's Face It. English Is a Stupid Language
- Nice try, Kim
- Spoiled girl
- The Bear and the Two Travelers
- Megan Fox poses as Supergirl
- My Boss
- On the Scale
The Final Exam
It was the final examination for an introductory English course at the UW. Like many such freshman courses, it was designed to weed out new students, having over 800 students in the class! The examination was two hours long, and exam booklets were provided. The professor was very strict and told the class that any exam that was not on his desk in exactly two hours would not be accepted and the student would fail.
1/2 hour into the exam, a student came rushing in and asked the professor for an exam booklet. "You're not going to have time to finish this," the professor said, as he handed the student a booklet." Yes I will," replied the student. He then took a seat and began writing.
After two hours, the professor called for the exams, and the students filed up and handed them in. All except the late student, who continued writing.
1/2 hour later, the last student came up to the professor who was sitting at his desk preparing for his next class. He attempted to put his exam on the stack of exam booklets already there.
"No you don't, I'm not going to accept that. It's late." The student looked incredulous and angry. "Do you know who I am?" "No, as a matter of fact I don't," replied the professor with an air of sarcasm in his voice.
"Do you know who I am?" the student asked again. "No, and I don't care," replied the professor with an air of superiority. "Good," replied the student, who quickly lifted the stack of completed exams, stuffed his in the middle, and ran out of the room.
- freshman course - curso inicial, para calouros
- weed out - eliminar
- strict - rigoroso
- fail - falhar, reprovar
- rush in - entrar apressadamente
- take a seat - assentar
- begin (begin, began, begun) - começar
- stack - pilha
- late - tarde, atrasado
- reply - responder
- care - importar
- lift - levantar
- stuff - enfiar
- run out - sair correndo
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2010343.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen