- While you're in there ...
- Sex and marriage
- Mixed emotions
- One Liners
- Management Lesson
- EFR: Boys and men
- Recovering from surgery
- How will I manage after that?
- Facial Cream
- Age Verification
- The details of my dream are kinda fuzzy
- Getting angry
- An eye witness account from New York
- Mother of God
- Medical Alert
A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked, "How heavy is this glass of water?" Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g. The lecturer replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it."
"If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
He continued, "And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden."
"So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can. Relax; pick them up later after you've rested. Life is short. Enjoy it!"
- lecturer - palestrante
- management - gerenciamento
- audience - platéia
- raise - levantar
- glass - copo
- water - água
- heavy - pesado, peso
- range - variar
- reply - responder
- weight - peso
- matter - importar
- hold (hold, held, held) - segurar
- how long - quanto tempo
- ache - dor
- arm - braço
- burden - carga
- sooner or later - mais cedo ou mais tarde
- put it down - baixar, colocar em algum lugar
- while - algum tempo
- carry on - continuar
- tonight - esta noite
- pick up - pegar
- tomorrow - amanhã
- rest - descansar
- short - curta
- enjoy - aproveite
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2010070.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen