- Homer Logic: Next weekend.....
- The Cat and the Dog
- Multiple orgasms
- Difference between Television and High Definition Televison
- Why men die younger
- Age Verification
- EFR: Right bait
- Truisms (1)
- Cute nurses
- Count your blessings!
- The Fox and the Goat
- Top Ten Requirements in a Man
- Smart People
- Wall Street: Where is everybody?
Paid For Standing
The owner of a manufacturing firm decided to make a surprise tour of the factory. Walking through the warehouse he noticed a young man lazily leaning against a packing crate.
The factory owner angrily said, "Just how much are you being paid?"
The young man replied, "A hundred dollars a week."
The owner pulled out his wallet, peeled off five $20 bills and shouted at the young man:
"Here is a week's pay--now get out and don't come back!"
Without a word, the young man stuffed the money into his pocket and left.
The warehouse manager, standing nearby, stared in amazement.
"Tell me," the boss asked him, "How long has that guy worked for us?"
"He didn't work here," replied the warehouse manager,
"He was just the Fed-Ex guy delivering a package."
- owner - proprietário
- tour - ronda
- factory - fábrica
- through - através
- warehouse - armazém, almoxarifado
- lazy - preguiçoso
- lean - encostar
- packing crate - caixa para transporte de material
- angry - raiva
- are you being paid - quanto ganha
- week - semana
- pull out - retirar
- wallet - carteira
- peel off - retirar
- shout - gritar
- get out - sai daqui
- come back - voltar
- stuff - colocar
- pocket - bolso
- leave (leave, left, left) - sair, partir
- manager - gerente
- amazement - surpresa
- boss - chefe
- guy - sujeito
- deliver - entregar
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2010190.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Bruce Lee
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen