- Blink if you want me
- Racing Pictures
- Clean Glass
- I'll believe corportations...
- EFR: Speeding ticket
- The Secret of Happiness
- Doctor Terminology (2)
- An exasperated mother
- The Perfect Woman
- What is the root of all evil?
- Two Wolves
- Business (Oscar Wilde)
- Flying Art
- Sex and marriage
- Morre um programador web
- Count your blessings!
- Difference between Television and High Definition Televison
- Medical Alert
Negative selection (politics)
Negative selection, in politics, is a process that occurs in rigid hierarchies, most notably dictatorships.
The person on the top of the hierarchy, wishing to remain in power forever, chooses his associates with the prime criterion of incompetence - they must not be competent enough to remove him from power. The associates do the same with those below them in the hierarchy, and the hierarchy is progressively filled with more and more incompetent people.
If the dictator sees that he is threatened nonetheless, he will remove those that threaten him from their positions - "purge" the hierarchy. Emptied positions in the hierarchy are normally filled with people from below - those who were less competent than their previous masters. So, over the course of time, the hierarchy becomes less and less effective. As this happens relatively often, once the dictator dies, or is removed by some external influence, what remains is a grossly ineffective hierarchy.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- choose - escolher
- dictatorships - ditaduras
- die - morrer
- emptied - vagas, vazias
- enough - suficiente
- fill - preencher
- forever - para sempre
- grossly - grosseiramente
- happen - acontecer
- nonetheless - não obstante
- over the course of time - ao longo do tempo
- power - poder
- prime criterion - principal critério
- purge - purgar, eliminar
- remain - permanecer
- remain - restar
- see (see, saw, seen) - ver
- threatened - ameaçado
- wish - desejar
Borrowed from http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2013013.shtml
- Lojas com nomes engraçados (pelo mundo)
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- Carregando Fralda.... aguarde
- High speed photography, bubble
- How to sit at a computer correctly
- A preguiça é um merda
- Não estou conseguindo congelar com esse sub-zero amarelo
- Shoud I cut or shoud I not?
- Invisible Man: U Can't see him, but u know when he's around
- Beber e Dirigir é suicídio. Não brinque no trânsito
- Cloud Engines uses QR Codes? fail
- Facebook Fail: Why is the Xbox 360 called the Xbox 360?
- Bruce Lee
- O importante é ter o sonho realizado, o resto é bobage
- Extra Oferta: Mesa de Ferro Fudido
- I found him, but it was too late
- Waldo meets Carmen